About the Company
About the Position
Controller who will report to the VP of Finance. This is a 5 – 6 month contracted role, which will culminate when our Controller returns from maternity leave. The individual in this role must be capable of “wearing many hats” and must be comfortable working in a fast-paced and often high-pressured environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting; CPA required
- 5-7 years of hands-on experience
- NetSuite experience
- Must be motivated, well organized, detail-minded, dedicated, deadline driven, analytical.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle a high volume of data with minimal supervision.
- Must have a professional easy-going attitude, exercise good judgment and be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions and inquiries. Strong verbal and written communication skills needed.
- Adept at reconciling large sets of data.
- Highly proficient with Excel (at minimum including pivot tables and lookups)
- Posting Activity to the G/L
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Preparing company for 2016 Audit
- Lead implementation of new accounting system (NetSuite)
- Managing A/P
- Managing A/R
- Conduct periodic reconciliations of all bank accounts to ensure their accuracy
- Provide information to the external accountant who creates the company’s financial statements
- Assemble information for external auditors for the annual audit
- Prepare annual 1099’s and complete tasks related to other year-end tax matters
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested